I’m trying to rearrange the way I invest my time.
I want to take better care of myself, physically and emotionally. I want to spend more time doing things I enjoy. I’m like everybody else, trying to balance a long list of want to and must do items.
The challenge isn’t any different today than it’s been for years. I think my approach is different now.
I hope I will be patient with myself. Change takes time, and I’m not always willing to let things evolve in stages, one success building on another.
During the past four days, I’ve taken some small steps:
- I stretched and exercised three days in a row.
- I wrote 3,000 words in one day. Part of a memoir project I’m developing.
- I wrote another 3,000 words over the next two days, parts of a two different fiction projects.
- I spent a great afternoon with my daughters.
- I took part in a great critique session during my memoir class. I’m blessed with generous and talented classmates.
- I managed to complete several pieces of good work for my employer.
- And I enjoyed a really, really good steak.
Small steps. All positive.
Let’s see how I do tomorrow.